"a community of faith for people who don't do church"
IN THE VIDEO…. we say “Member” we have changed our term to “OWNER” here is why….
OWNERSHIP – is more then membership…. this is not a social club you are a member of but you are an OWNER of this church we call Catalyst because YOU/WE ARE the Church!
What is a church OWNERSHIP covenant?
A solemn agreement between the “OWNERS” of a church to act together in harmony with the precepts of the gospel.
I have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. I recognize I am a sinner saved and forgiven only by my faith, which is a gift of Grace given to me by Christ alone, and by nothing I can or have done.
I have been baptized (after salvation) by emersion
That I believe the following:
Jesus – We believe Jesus is fully God, fully Man and the Savior of the world. (Matthew 1:20, Luke 5:52, John 1:1-4, Colossians 1:15-20, Hebrews 1:1-3)
Holy Spirit – We believe the Holy Spirit is fully God and God’s active presence in the world today. (Genesis 1:26, Psalms 45:6-7, Psalms 110:1, Matthew 3:13-17, Matthew 28:17-20, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6)
Bible – We believe the Bible is inspired by God, without error and given to teach us the BEST way to live. (Psalms 19:7-11, 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
Humans – We believe all humans need to be restored to a right relationship with God through Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:26-27, Romans 3:22-23; 5:12, 6:23, Ephesians 2:1-3: 4:17-19)
Restoration – We believe there is only one way to be restored to God through Jesus and that is through belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. (John 1:29, John 10:1-18, Romans 8:8, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Galatians 1:4, 1 Peter 3:18)
Eternal Security – We believe once someone has been restored to God through Jesus they are secure in that restoration for all of eternity through the Holy Spirit. (John 6:37-40, 10:27-30, Romans 8:1, 38-39, I Corinthians. 1:4-8, 1 Peter. 1:4-5)
Church – We believe God’s plan for restoring the world to Himself is to use local churches gathered together as the global church worldwide. (Acts 14:27, 20:17, 28-32, 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-11)
Enemy of God – We believe Satan is a real being who is doing everything in his limited power to prevent people from being restored to God. (Matthew 4:1-3, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Ephesians 2:2, Revelation 20:10)
Eternity – We believe in a literal heaven and a literal hell as the only two options for where people will spend their eternity. (Luke 23:43, 2 Corinthians. 5:8, Philippians 1:23, 3:21, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, Revelation 20:4-6)
Scripture – Is inspired by God, and is without error. I strive to follow the teachings of scripture and to live righteously according to what the Bible teaches.
(Psalms 19:7-11, 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
Connect with God
• Grow daily in my relationship with God
• Bible study
• Strive to live and display a righteous and Holy life dictated by the Bible in my actions, speech and with my entire being.
• Putting to death any sin that might prevent you from growing in your relationship with God
• Refrain from any activities that the Bible deems sinful and foolish.
• Financially Support God’s church – I will be a percentage giver to Catalyst Church.
• Regularly attend Catalyst Church’s worship service
Connect with others
• Be a part of at least one small group at Catalyst Church
• Help others when needs arise
• Don’t gossip in any form of the word
• Strive to do life together with the members and non-OWNER of Catalyst Church
• Don’t exclude others who are not “OWNERS” of Catalyst Church. Strive to edify (build up) church to “OWNERS” and non-”OWNERS”
Connect in service
• Be on at least one in-church service team
• Attend at least one outreach focused service project
• Be aware and serve the needs around you and the rest of the world
• I will desire to serve and not to be served
Covenant Simplified – Listen to God and Do what He says (BE THE CHURCH)